Rahu Kaal :
Rahu Kaal stays for a span of about 90 minutes during transition of planets under the influence of Rahu every day between sunrise and sunset. Rahu Kaal is the inauspicious time which is not considered favorable to start any new work. Any work related to Rahu gives good results during this period. Hawan, Yagya, etc. to propitiate Rahu can be done during this time. People in south India give importance to Rahu Kaal and don’t start new ventures, marriage proposals, journeys, sale, purchase, interviews, and any other important task during this period. This is considered only for undertaking/starting any new work and should not be considered for already started work before Rahu Kaal.
Calculating Rahu Kaal :
Rahu Kaal is always different for all places because of local time so in order to calculate the Rahu Kaal one need to look at Panchang for Sun rise and sun set time ( One can easily find this in news paper every day ).
- Calculate the difference between sunrise and sunset
- Divide the total hours by 8 as the day is of 8 pehar .
- Leave the first part as this is always auspicious and Rahu Kaal never falls in this time.
- Now you are left with 7 parts for 7 days.
- Arrange these in this order –
- 2nd Part – Monday
- 3rd Part – Saturday
- 4th Part – Friday
- 5th Part – Wednesday
- 6th Part – Thursday
- 7th Part – Tuesday
- 8th Part – Sunday