What is Manglik dosh ?
In Astrology if Mars (Mangal) is placed in the 1st , 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th or 12th house in the Ascendant chart then this forms Mangal dosha in the horoscope , Mars is malefic in these houses due to its “fiery” nature , Its a belief that its is unfavorable for marriages, causing tensions, discomfort , disagreement in relationship, leading to disharmony among the spouses and eventually to other problems in life.
The Manglik dosha effects are neutralized in different planetary combinations so the complete horoscope should be read carefully before concluding.
- If it is found in both the male and the female horoscope then the maglik dosh gets cancelled.
- If Mars and Rahu are positioned mutually in the horoscope, the maglik dosh gets cancelled.
- If the Mars is placed in its house then maglik dosh gets cancelled.
- If Jupiter unites together in the line of Mars, then the manglik dosha gets cancelled.
- If the Jupiter is 8th lord and Mars is placed in the 8th house then the manglik dosha effects gets neutral.
- If the Venus is 12th lord and the Mars is placed in 12th house, then the manglik dosha effects gets neutral
- After the age of 28, the effect of Mangalik Dosha disappears.
- If a Mangalik is born on a Tuesday, the negative effect of Manglik Dosha gets cancelled.
- Those persons born with Mars in the 8th house should wait till 36 for the effect of Manglik Dosha to disappear.
- Chant Gayatri mantra for 108 times everyday.
- Chant Hanuman Chalisa once everyday.
- Visit Hanuman temple on Tuesdays and offer sweets and vermilion ( Sindoor) . Lighting lamp of ghee is also believed useful.
- Some astrologers recommend Special pooja (“Mangal Kavacham”, “Mangal Upasana”, “Kumbh Vivah” etc) to eliminate Mangalik Dosha.
- Some astrologers also recommend gemstones.